Monday, June 13, 2011

Nick 13- Nick 13

Nick 13, who you all know as the frontman and genius behind Tiger Army, has recently gone his own way (not forever!) to release a solo album. However, those of you who are used to the driving sound of Tiger Army are fit to be surprised. Nick's solo work is- get ready- country music. I can't say I'm terribly surprised, because you can definitely hear folk influence in Tiger Army's music. But still, it was a sound to get used to!
I'm going to be completely honest here- the only Tiger Army song I ever personally liked was their track on the Nightmare Revisited album. I think that they're talented musicians with a catchy sound and all, but it's really just not my thing. I'm going to transition from that into saying, neither is country. However, I still happen to know a lot about country and I've heard it on a regular basis my whole life (thanks, mom...)

In short though, I really only know enough to tell you guys that if you don't like country, you'll hate it. If you like country, you'll love it... And I'll leave it there because I have no idea what I'm talking about.


Yeehah, guys. That's a stream of the album on Alternative Press. Nick's facebook. Our facebook.

-Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment