Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Basement - I Wish I Could Stay Here


Basement are this 5-piece punk-blasting emo band from over in that England place. They're kind of like if you mixed the soundtrack to a movie about mutant zombies with the band Lifetime. I mean, the lyrics aren't about mutant zombies...unless Basement are actually discussing real things in a way so that they reflect as sort of morality plays regarding zombie attacks. I mean, I don't know if it's ever done in that fashion. I know sometimes people write songs about zombie attacks and morality plays regarding like capitalism or hatred in society or whatever. I don't really know what I'm talking about at this point. So anyway, Basement are like a more emo-driven version of Lifetime. They're also cooler than your grandpa. I don't care what you say.

Run For Cover Records put out this brilliant full length by Basement recently, titled I Wish I Could Stay Here. I mean, that's the reason of this post and all. I'm assuming you realized that from the title. Basically, it's getting pretty close to the eighth month of 2011, and people were getting concerned about their top 10 album lists being somewhat lacking in the post-hardcore department. And just in the nick of time, Basement kicked their door the fuck down and forced themselves into a high position on these lists. That's right, it was pretty magical. That's how the album got into my hands at least.

What's awesome about this new album is that every fucking song is awesome. There's a lot of somberness to it, and a lot of raw energy and power. I mean, 2011 is looking to be an awesome year. Basement put out a great fucking record, and they're filming the sequel to Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog during How I Met Your Mother's mid-season hiatus. Yeah. Awesome. I know these things are unrelated, which sucks. Wouldn't it be cool if Basement did the soundtrack for Dr. Horrible? Oh god, that would rule. But yeah, unrelated.

So, if you're smart (like I'm not), you'll be wanting to get your hands on this fucking record. You may be wondering aloud, "but Idle, how do I go about doing this? I barely know how to pour a bowl of cereal. I always forget to put the cereal in a bowl before pouring milk into it. Now I have a soggy cereal box and I just realized I only have chop sticks left." Well, you can find the album on LP and CD over at Run For Cover Records. And you can purchase the fuck out of it. It's worth it. What else are you spending roughly 10 dollars on? That's 10 things of easy mac...I know. But, you have to eat like 3 of those things to be a solid meal anyway. If you buy I Wish I Could Stay Here, you won't need to eat real food for a week! (DISCLAIMER: BASEMENT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR FOOD).

-Idle

Run For Cover Records.
Idle and the Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment