Sunday, January 22, 2012

Waxahatchee- American Weekend

Waxahatchee is Katie Crutchfield. Many of you know Katie from PS Eliot! She's from Brooklyn NY and she is awesome. This album was released on January 10th. RIYL Eisley, Laura Stevenson, Summer Salt, PS Eliot, Very Okay
Katie has one of the sweetest voices I've ever heard. Not sweet like "sweet skateboard, bro." Sweet like adorable and soothing. It's great. The music is very chill and laid back. Mellow. Etc. Etc. Etc.
"Catfish" sets the mood for the entire record- it's almost a ballad, but it's not. Cute slow song.
"Grass Stain" is a little more upbeat, with the perfect amount of reverb and addictiveness. Approval.
"Rose 1956" is probably my favorite song on the album. It's a really cute song and the melody is badass. I listen to it when I get ready in the morning. One of those kinds of songs.
"American Weekend" has a sad feel to it. I love how Katie's voice sounds in it.
"Michel" has absolutely amazing lyrics. Super sad, but amazing. I actually just listened to it about 40 times in a row. I'd advise you do the same.
"Be Good" is the perfect song, seriously. Her lyrics are amazing, and the guitar is unbelievably catchy. 
The entire album has almost a roots-y sound to it. It's very easy going and calming. It's the kind of CD you want to keep in your car for bad days.
The rest of the songs are badass too, but I figure that's probably enough of a feel for you.


-Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment