Friday, August 19, 2011

Hurstwood EP

Hurstwood is an awesome indie/poprock band from Montreal. They make me happy. They are Rob Rousseau (vox, guitar), Phillipe Bellemare (guitar), and Tommy-James Dufresne (bass.) Tommy-James is an awesome name. Anyway, this record was released on August 5th.

The first song, "We'd Be Strangers," immediately makes me think of Mayday Parade. It's a very cute song, and leaves a great first impression. The melody is slow, but still pretty catchy, and I like Rob's voice a lot.
"Summer's Gone" has a badass intro. This song makes me think a lot of 90s alternative mixing with indie music, and I like it. The music of this EP is very, very mellow. 
Lastly, "Jodie" is a really, really cute song.

Overall, I really, really enjoyed it. Granted, it's a little hard to figure out a band's sound from three songs sometimes, and I can't wait to hear more from Hurstwood.
Bandcamp- name your own price.

-Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment