Friday, April 29, 2011

Meet a band named Yonrinsha!

They're adorable. Japanese pop punk composed of Alex Tanahashi, Kenji Takada, Keisuke Toyoda, and Yuhei Ohashi.
I wasn't able to get my hands on a full album/EP from them, but I have been listening to a lot of their songs on Facebook tonight, and I had to share. They have this great addictive sound and they're so talented.



"Something New" is probably my favorite song by them- the vocal melody just gets stuck in your head so easily and the music flows really well. I love the drums in it, too. The harmonies in it are really, really great.
"Call My Name" is a fast paced pop/emo song with lots of "woah oh oh" power and fast drums. It's only 39 seconds, but it's 39 seconds of great harmonizing.
"Is It All Downhill" has great lyrics. My favorite thing about Yonrinsha is definitely the vocal aspects- the lyrics, the voice, the harmonies, etc. They also have really talented bass and guitar. It's typically pretty basic riffs, but they sound really good, so who cares? Also, the drums are really fantastic.
And best of all, they have this cover of "Bad Day" by that one guy, James Blunt. It's such a fun cover- I haven't been able to stop listening to it. It's sped up quite a bit, and the bass line is literally so good, I want to marry it. I am going to marry this bass. 
You can listen to these songs and more at their facebook here! Do it. They're adorable and talented.




-Bear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment