Friday, May 27, 2011

The Front Bottoms - Slow Dance to Soft Rock


Not much has come my way recently that has gotten me really excited, and then this happened! Some guy I don't know posted a link to this album on my facebook, and I was like, "word, I'll check it out." I didn't comment that; I said it in my head. So then I indeed went and checked it out, and I fucking fell in love with it. This album is so fucking great. They sounds like Your Favorite Weapon era Brand New, with vocals sometimes sounding kind of like Sean Bonnette. The lyrics are akin to early 90s emo and Bomb the Music Industry, and the awesomeness is akin to Mega Man 3 or Half-Life 2. Yeah, it's that awesome.

So basically, The Front Bottom are like a very-slightly folky/very-much indie band from Jersey...and I know pretty much nothing about them. This Slow Dance to Soft Rock album is the only thing I've heard by them, and it came out last June. They're an awesome sounding two-piece, and I sincerely hope they pump out another album sometime soon, because I want to hear tons more by them. It's guitar and drums and lyrics that feel so sincere and flow so damn well. Gah, I love this shit. This is like crack to me. They clearly wrote this shit knowing that someday it would fall upon the ears of a dork who would gush over it in some dumb review on a pop-punk-oriented review site. Seriously, they Nostradamused this shit. Happens, I guess.

I'm not sure if there's a surefire method to compile a short list of my favorite songs on this release. I mean, I could just list the tracklist, but that'd be tedious, considering you can just go to the bandcamp and see it while you fucking listen to this masterpiece. And if you don't like it, I honestly don't know what's wrong with you. I mean, even the weirdest song on this release, "Bathtub", is still awesome, and half the lyrics are something like, "Yes, I'm washing my hair with soap." And I'm still loving every second of it.

So, just go listen to it. Fuck what I have to say, because I could never say enough. And that's coming from someone who could talk every host of The View under a table. 5/5.

-Idle

The Front Bottom's Bandcamp. Idle and the Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment