Monday, May 23, 2011

Touché Amoré - Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me


If I were to make a venn diagram depicting my feelings for this Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me by Touché Amoré, it would probably be a waste of time due to how uninvolved the diagram would be. There'd only be a few things to really put on it, you know? Well, here it is, anyway:
So, as you can see, I've gone about this review completely scientifically, and saved you a couple boring paragraphs which would've depicted this information. The thing is, the vocalists voice may not strike you as good for a while, I realized after my second play through of everything that his voice is awesome. I'm not changing the venn diagram though, that just wouldn't be good science. Plus, then what else would I put in the meh section? Vegan pizza?

So you may pick up this album, and look at it like, "Oh wow, there are 13 songs! This is quite a lengthy release!" But then, you realize that is is a hardcore band (a hardcore band who are not Fucked Up), and these songs are short as fuck. This thing is over as quickly as Milo Goes to College...whereas the new Fucked Up album actually takes like six years to listen to, lettering there be enough time for Milo Auckerman to actually go to college. Short, fast, and energetic. Sort of like little leaguers.

In case you were sitting there hoping there'd be a piano ballad with hardcore, raspy, yelly vocals on top of it, there is such a thing. It is a song called "Condolences" and it is awesome. I can basically tell you now, that this is one of the best hardcore albums I've heard in years, and by not listening to it, you're probably a weirdo or something. Nothing personal. Okay, you should take it very personally. If you're not into hardcore, then maybe you need to broaden your horizons. And I do mean HARDCORE as in hardcore punk, not HARDCORE as in A Day to Remember. If you listen to A Day to Remember, then I don't know why you're even reading this blog. The same goes for if you listen to The Devil Wears Prada. That band gave Dayton a worse name, fuck them. It's a good movie though.

-Idle

Touche Amore. Idle and the Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment